Parents, as you make application to enter your child in St. Mary of the Angels Catholic School, I want to share with you the basic principles of our philosophy, so that you will fully understand the type of education offered and the cooperation and support which is necessarily expected.
Our Faith Community
St. Mary of the Angels Catholic School has been the sole center of Catholic education in Mendocino County since 1953. Ours has been a history of academic excellence rooted in our primary purpose of proclaiming the Gospel message of Jesus Christ.
This is achieved by our call to a faith community built on a reverence for each person’s dignity, on shared worship, and on service to others. We, teachers, parents and students, form a faith community in which each child is valued as a unique and precious person. Our relationships are characterized by respect, responsibility, and joy.
In the spirit of family, parents as primary educators and teachers model Christian values in an effort to educate the whole child. Our students are thereby empowered to accept the responsibility to make a difference in creating a just world. Ours is a caring community and in the deepest sense, this service of love is the highest goal of education.
- Reverence and worship of God, loyalty to and love of our country, and concern for and service to our neighbors are part of the daily educational program.
- Courtesy, respect and love characterize all our dealings with one another – teacher toward student, student toward teacher, student toward student, teacher toward parent.
- Mutual responsibility is placed upon student and teacher and parent to learn, to advance, to grow, to be punctual, and to be accountable.
- School and classrooms are places where there is an atmosphere of joy and of being alive. They are orderly centers of busy, happy and productive learning.
Our Shared Goals and Responsibilities
- The school provides a Christian atmosphere in which the whole child is nurtured.
- Concern, care and love are dominating motives of the entire educational program.
- Values and standards are part of our religious philosophy.
Quality education is offered at all levels according to the abilities of each student.
- Parents cooperate with the school in fostering religious values.
- Respect for person, property and school regulations, are evidenced by parents and students.
I invite you to visit our campus to experience our educational environment for yourself. You may also take a moment to review our application process and parent participation expectations, and to learn about our tuition and tuition assistance opportunities. Applicants of every race, color, nationality, socioeconomic background, and ethnic origin are welcome and encouraged to apply. We seek students who will become active, engaged members of our caring community.
I look forward to getting to know you and your family and seeing you on campus soon. Meanwhile, join our community on Facebook.
With warm regards,
Principal, St. Mary of the Angels School